28-01-2010 by Drali @mesrahealth
Skin disease can be considered as harmless or not life-threatening. However, its presence still makes people worries and feels uncomfortable and sometimes it can affect their emotion.
This situation is frequent experienced by the patient of atopic eczema or atopic dermatitis; a form of skin inflammation disease which causes itchy rashes, causing pain and makes the patient feels anxious.
09-01-2010 by Drali @mesrahealth
A baby is having photo treatment to treat jaundice.
What Is Jaundice?
Jaundice is yellowish color that visible on the skin due to the increase of bilirubin level in blood. Jaundice in infants is a jaundice which occurred during the first month after baby is born.
What Is Bilirubin?
Bilirubin is a type of pigment produced by red blood cell fragmentation. It is then processed in the liver before being discharged out into faeces.
20-06-2009 by Drali @mesrahealth
Affecting approximately one in every 125 babies born, congenital heart defects (CHD) are the most common birth defect. Forty thousand people are born each year with a CHD; 4,000 will not survive their first year. Twice as many children die each year from a CHD than all forms of Pediatric Cancers combined. The eight most common defects account for 80% of all congenital heart diseases, while the remaining 20% consist of many independently infrequent conditions or combinations of several defects. Ventricular septal defect (VSD) is generally considered to be the most common type of malformation, accounting for about 1/3 of all congenital heart defects.
by Drali @mesrahealth
These are the common heart defects occur in babies:
HOLE IN THE HEART
- Atrial Septal Defect (ASD)
Septum is the wall that divides the chambers of the heart. An atrial septal defect (ASD) is an opening in this wall that divides the atrial (upper chambers), that fails to close during development.
by Drali @mesrahealth
Serious congenital heart defects are usually diagnosed in infancy, but significant defects may be found anytime during childhood, teenage years or even in adulthood.
If your child shows any of the following symptoms that are commonly related to congenital heart defects, please consult your paediatric cardiologist for a proper diagnostic evaluation.
• Breathing difficulties
• Poor weight gain
• Frequent chest infections
• Blueness of the fingers, lips and tongue (cyanosis)